Three Mile Harbor Press accepts manuscripts through Submittable.
(Extended Deadline: MAY 28TH)
• All manuscripts should include a title page (listing only the title of the work), table of contents, and if applicable, an acknowledgments page.
• Manuscript should be paginated and formatted in an easy-to-read font such as Garamond or Times New Roman. Manuscripts should be 48-88 pages in length not including front
and back matter (table of contents, title page, etc.). Send as DOC., DOC.X or PDF format.
• For contests, identifying information of the author should not be included anywhere on the manuscript itself, including in the name of your file or in the “title” field
• Please include a brief bio in your cover note to Submittable, which will only be made accessible to the editorial panel after semi-finalist and finalist
manuscripts have been chosen.
• Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify Three Mile Harbor Press immediately and withdraw your work if it is accepted elsewhere.
• The author should hold all rights to the work. The manuscript may include poems previously published in periodicals,
anthologies, chapbooks, or on the web, but the manuscript should not published as substantial work. Proper attribution must accompany previously published work.
• A $25 processing/reading fee will be charged for each submission The open reading period isn’t a contest. While we take seriously the opportunity to consider your work for publication, Three Mile Harbor Press reserves the right to not choose a book from the submissions received during this or any other reading period. The reading period and the fee make it possible for the TMHP to have open to submissions. For contests and open reading periods, a non-refundable entry fee of $25 must accompany each submission, via Submittable. You may submit more than one manuscript; each is considered separately and must include a separate entry fee.
• For Contests, Three Mile Harbor editors/readers will do a blind reading of each entry and then nominate the finalists.
• The publisher will choose the winning entry from among the finalists. The final decision is at the sole discretion of the publisher.
• Three Mile Harbor has the option cancel the contest if there are not enough entrants. There will be no refunds, though poets who submitted will be able to submit to the next contest without paying the fee.
For submitting to the contest, please follow the general submission guidelines below:
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The author must hold all rights to their submitted work. Manuscripts may include poems that have been previously
published in periodicals, anthologies chapbooks, or on the web, but the manuscript may not have been published as a larger body of work.
The author will maintain the copyright of their published book. To clarify: the copyright will be under the author’s name.
Send a manuscript of 48-88 pages in a single document via our online submissions manager, Submittable.
The text must be written in English.
Include a cover letter with the submissions manager links with your writer’s bio including publications,
(no publications are necessary).
Include a title page and Table of Contents page.
If applicable, after the Table of Contents page, please include an acknowledgments page, this a list of poems that have published
in journals, magazines, chapbooks, or anthologies.
Each poem should start on a new page.
Use Times New Roman or similar 12 pt font, with at least one-inch margins and pagination (numbered pages).
Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify 3 Mile Harbor Press by officially withdrawing your work from the Submittable
if your work is accepted elsewhere.
Please include a one-paragraph writer’s bio and your contact information in your cover letter (also via Submittable).
Please be sure that your submission is your final version. Corrections and new versions will not be accepted.
We only accept manuscripts via our Submittable.
Open Submissions are currently closed.